With the current global crisis, working from home is now becoming the norm for most, which means it's more important than ever to prioritize workplace wellness. Having a wellness programs not only keeps your employees healthy and engaged, but also boosts business growth in the long run by encouraging healthy behaviors, improving productivity, and reducing absenteeism and turnover.
Here are a few tips to help you create a healthy wellness program within your culture.
- Empower & Engage: Shape a workplace culture that promotes physical, mental, and spiritual health with measurable wellbeing challenges. Health Hero app makes it easy to create fun challenges that teams can participate in globally.
- Open Communication: Continue to encourage employees at every level to engage and communicate with other members. Good habits tend to start from the top, so encourage your leaders and managers conduct regular touch points with employees. Health Hero app integrates easily with Slack, so staying connected is easy with a remote team.
- Boost Productivity: One way to boost productivity is to create health challenges that everyone can get in on. Employees are more likely to be productive when they feel healthy, so encourage them to get moving!
- Take Breaks: Working from home sometimes means losing track of time and forgetting to take breaks. Encourage your employees to get away from their desk for a bit and get some sunlight, or connect virtually with friends/coworkers.
- Maintain Good Habits: Encourage employees to share their best work from home tips! Whether it's ways they stay motivated, productivity apps they use, or office space tips.
Sharing experiences and work from home tips during this time helps everyone stay connected and engaged, which makes for a happier and healthier workforce. If you're interested in creating a workplace wellness program to your Slack app, check out Health Hero for Slack.